The Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity ILLINOIS ENERGY NOW incentive programs can help public entities save up to 75% on their energy efficiency projects. These incentives are specifically geared toward aiding public schools, municipalities, community colleges, public universities, state and federal government facilities to reach significant energy efficiency targets.
Incentive packages are available for both standard and custom projects.
- Standard incentive programs include electric and natural gas measures in four categories:
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Equipment (Water heaters, Computer management software, LED traffic signals, compressed air measures, variable speed drive on HVAC equipment)
- Kitchen (commercial kitchen equipment, demand control ventilation for kitchen exhaust hoods, etc)
- Custom incentives offer greater flexibility for energy efficiency measures that are specific to each situation. Any project that saves energy qualifies for incentives. Incentive levels are:
- $0.12/kWh saved per year (up to 75% of the project cost)
- $ 2.50/Therm saved per year (up to 75% of the project cost)
Please refer to the Guidelines Application Worksheets to see who qualifies, as well as for the prescriptive and custom incentives available.
Salvatore (Sam) Rinaldi